KAPLA is an educational tool and is used as such by many schools. The game possesses a high educational value. KAPLA contains both elements of architecture and creative arts and crafts.
- Logical Thinking – First of all KAPLA encourages children to think logically and helps them to develop their spatial awareness. Through the use of identical unfixed pieces, KAPLA develops the child’s capacity to organize elements in a three-dimensional way. With KAPLA, children acquire a basic knowledge of geometry, physics and technology. The game enhances their awareness of shape and volume and gives them a good sense of balance while improving manual dexterity.
- Stimulating Creativity – Besides logical thinking KAPLA stimulates children to think in a different way and to create constructions from their own imagination. By using their creativity children will discover their artistic talent.
- Concentration, Perseverance and Patience – KAPLA encourages perseverance, patience and concentration, which are key elements to success at school. Children are made to work in a concentrated way if they want to build a good, solid construction and achieve the desired result. One may have to start over again when the construction collapses at an early stage. You cannot cheat with KAPLA: If your construction does not have a solid base, it will inevitably collapse! This demands perseverance and patience.
- Cognitive Development – During childhood a child goes through several phases of cognitive development. In each stage a child likes to play in a different manner and will develop different skills. Being a progressive game, KAPLA allows each child to play at his/her own level of difficulty. KAPLA grows with the child.
- Teamwork – KAPLA is an ideal game to play in a group. It stimulates teamwork and cooperation. Children will have to communicate with each other to decide on the subject of their project and work together while building their constructions. Each child will automatically find his/her place within the group, as a leader, assistant or coordinator.